Jr Champ 2022 Rules
- Factory Built: WKA or ARKA approved Champ Kart. Fiberglass nose and side panels required.
- Age 6 to 13 (EIRI)
- 300# total weight with driver
- Lead must be bolted with locking nuts or double nuts subject to approval of the SSR tech man
- 35 chain only
- Any EL tire – no tire prep allowed
- Open clutch
- SFI approved helmet, fire suit, gloves and seatbelts required
- Number plate on back of cage
- RaceCeiver required by all competitors
- Transponder to be mounted to front upright on left nerf bar only
- One double file restart will be attempted. Single file restart after failed double attempt
- Trophies will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
- As in all classes, if the technical inspector has a family member in a race, the race director will appoint another track official to tech the family members’ kart
- Prize money for this class will be determined by random pre-race drawing of registered competitors
Factory Box Stock Project engine.
- All Parts and Accessories must be raced as supplied by Box Stock Project unless otherwise noted in the rules. No grinding, polishing, or machining of parts allowed. If any questionable part develops it can/will be compared to a known “as supplied part”.
- The track has the right to impound any engine, at any time, for any reason, and check that engine for legality, which can include sending the engine back to Box Stock Project for a final evaluation.
- Carburetor – RUI*ING carburetor must be run as supplied from Box Stock Project. No alterations to throttle stop, throttle shafts or emulsion tube. MUST use the RUI*ING 2-hole emulsion tube. No polishing or reworking the Venturi area, (the carburetor venturi size from BSP is .611) No “blueprinting” of the carburetor allowed. The only alterations that can be made are as follows:
- Main Jet Size – (.036 MUST go) to (.042 NO GO) LIMITS
Low Speed Jet Size - .027 max NO-GO with O-ring must be intact and present.
Exhaust Pipe Unaltered – Rapp thin flanged header pipe and RLV small muffler tech’ed per AKRA rules and measurements and raced unaltered as supplied by Box Stock Project. The RLV small muffler must be screwed into the exhaust pipe all the way and tight. Pipe can be wrapped with a heat shield, or not, racers decision. If wrapped it must be securely wrapped or sleeved starting at the beginning of the silencer to mounting flange. No wrapping/sleeving allowed on silencer. You may add an after-market header brace. Any header pipe that is found to be broken or cracked in tech, after the race, must be replaced before the engine will be allowed to compete again. Broken or cracked header found in tech will not be a cause for disqualification, however if your header or muffler is knocked off or falls out for any reason during the race you will be black flagged.
5.Air Filter – must run a stock regular air filter as supplied. RED in color or any #175 style angled filter allowed. No performance gain air filters allowed. No alterations to the filter. You MAY use a filter sock on the air filter, racers decision. NO RC2 filters allowed.
No tape on outside of engine – for the purposes of air flow changes to the engine itself.
Chain guard, throttle linkage and top plate are non-tech items if not a performance gain if changed from as supplied stock parts.
TIMING – will be no more than 32 degrees before TDC. Engine MUST have a offset key of 10 degrees installed having a maximum step of .075” +/- .002, No alterations to the shaft, key, keyway or flywheel allowed.
Spark Plug # will no longer be a tech item.
We started with cooler weather this year some had plugs fowl out.
SSR Parts will stock the following for the sealed box stock motor per the recommendation of Box Stock Projects. This is a variation of BSP rules only at SSR. This is the ONLY variation!!! If you race at other tracks please check their rules.
- NO modifications allowed.
If a part fails size of ‘NO/GO GAGE’ will result in DQ and in loss of Points that Event (Heat and Feature races).
Any altered engine will have seals cut by Sunny South Raceway official or Box Stock Project official and will no longer be allowed to run as a “sealed” motor at any track.
The following restrictor plates will be used per class rules.
Gasket required on both sides of plate for all classes.
MIGHTY MITES Arc RED plate 0.375
JR. CHAMP Arc GREEN plate 0.425
BEGINNER SR. CHAMP Arc BLUE plate 0.550
- Race fuel to be by Sunny South Raceway designated gas station
- Sunny South reserves the right to make amendments to these rules
- Clutch and drive train:
- Jr Champ--- Minimum 300# 14 tooth Driver- Green Plate .425"
- Axle sprocket: 59 tooth only, no skip tooth sprocket
- Maximum tire circumference 35"
- 5-point harness, 2” minimum width belts
- One- or two-piece fire retardant suit required with minimum SFI 1 rating
- Gloves required, minimum SFI 3.3/1 rating
- Full face helmet required, minimum SFI 24.1/2005 rating
- Racing shoes, minimum SFI 3.3a/5 rating
- Push button kill switch within driver reach
- Head and neck restraint required
- Arm restraint mandatory
- Engine mounted chain guard required
- All belts and safety gear to be current date per Manufacturer